From the mighty stretches of the Karakorams in the North to the vast alluvial delta of the Indus River in the South, Pakistan remains a land of high adventure and nature. Trekking, mountaineering, white water rafting, wild boar hunting, mountain and desert jeep safaris, camel and yak safaris, trout fishing and bird watching are a few activities, which entice the adventure and nature lovers to Pakistan.The land of hospitable people and Kingdom of Gandhara, “Khyber Pakhtunkhwa”, nature has gifted Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with rich cultural and tourism friendly environment. It has the potential of becoming a big tourist attraction in the world, due to its scenic beauty, geographical location, archaeological sites, climate and natural resources.
To produce excellently trained knowledgeable and skillful leaders for Tourism & Hospitality industry in Pakistan and abroad.
- To prepare well rounded graduates for employment in Hospitality & Tourism industry nationally and internationally.
- To develop program related courses focusing on hotel operation skills, management practices in the Tourism and Hospitality industry and the skills needed for continued learning in a changing and challenging global business environment.
- To develop dedicated professionals with qualifications that are recognized and highly regarded nationally & internationally.
- To produce students empowered with latest practical & management knowledge & skills for national & international career.
- To train & develop practices among students for improved perception & performance.
The graduates of Tourism and Hotel Management programmes can pursue a career in a variety of industry sectors, both locally and abroad like Hotels, Hotel Resorts, Restaurants, Cruise Ships, Caterers, Bars/Taverns, Parks, Camps, Casinos, Riverboats, Theme Parks, Convention Services, Holiday Representative, Event Planner, Travel Agencies, National Tourism Organizations, Sustainable Tourism Associations, Agrotourism Establishments, Customer Service, Cultural Industries, Hospitality Training and Consultancy Firms and the like.
About Degree Programs
Keeping in view the natural & cultural wealth of the region there was a need to establish department to preserve the cultural heritage (tangible & intangible) & diversity of the area as well as to create the awareness of Tourism potentials, cultural and natural resources, its protection/conservation and promotion. Tourism has great potential in Pakistan. Tourism plays an important role in bridging people having different backgrounds and culture. Tourism brings economic development to the society which in return will solve problems like unemployment, poor infrastructure, environmental issues, social benefits and will also enhance the soft image of the country.