The Department of Political Science is one of the most important departments in Social Sciences. Established in 2011, Political science deals with the forces that govern the state. It studies nation-states, political ideas, constitutional systems and world at large in historical perspectives. It helps to understand the world and plans for the future policies of nation-state. Keeping in view the requirements of the modern developed age, the department provides its students with modern knowledge.
The Department gears the students towards creating an outstanding learning experience. The objective is to prepare its graduates for dynamic careers in public and private sectors, including diplomatic service, intergovernmental organizations, and non-governmental organizations, as well as the country's increasingly vibrant electronic and print media. A corresponding goal of the Department is to increase the research productivity of its faculty in the long-run; the Department tries its best to keep itself on top of the institutions of higher learning and research in the field of Political Science in Pakistan.
Currently the department offers two years master degree programme. The Department offers an interdisciplinary approach to the study of political science, and its curricula include a wide spectrum of courses; i.e., Theories of Political Science and International Relations, Research Methodology, Economy, Political Philosophy, Muslim World and Its Dynamics, Security and Strategic Studies, Constitution, Foreign Policy Analysis, Diplomacy, International Organizations, International Law, Comparative Politics, and International Political Economy.
- Offering an opportunity to its students to realize their academic potential in the process to equip them with the intellectual and professional tools.
- Equipping the students with the appropriate theoretical knowledge and applicable skills in the discipline of Political Science.
- Informing the students about the emerging trends in political science and its sub-divisions.
- Enabling the students to comprehend various issues in the region, contemporary world politics and foreign policy issue.
- To meet the future needs of educational institutes and civil society.
- To analyze the various aspects of political system of Pakistan with a view to develop patriotism, national integration and perceptions of good governance.
Cater to the educational needs of future leaders in the national government, civil institutions and international organizations.
Vocational Job Opportunities
- Diplomatic Service
- Intergovernmental Organizations
- Non-governmental Organizations
- Electronic and Print Media
- Federal/Provincial Civil Services
- Public Relations Officers
- The Management Positions
- Educational/ Research organizations