Journalism and Mass communication has been considered the voice of voiceless. The department of journalism and mass communication was established in 2011.The main purpose of the establishment of the department of JMC was to provide platform to the young locals where they can prepare themselves to play their part in the development. It fills the gap arisen in the absence of communication between the stakeholders. Leaving in this age of information and global village no one can deny the importance of media. There has been enormous upsurge in media sector in Pakistan in the previous decade. The significant point is that the growth has been in the private sector. Everything happened so rapidly that adequate number of trained persons was not ready to operate these facilities professionally.
The area where the Malakand University is located has immense economic potential. It is full of resources which need to be harnessed.
The purpose of establishing a full-fledged department is to provide an opportunity to the local youth to prepare themselves to join in the efforts to raise the level of awareness of the common man in the area.
- To provide the professional journalist to the media market.
- To sensitize the students about the role of media.
- To inculcate in the mind of the students moral conduct and foresightedness
- To infuse in the mind of the students sense of curiosity and probing of mind
- The students of JMC have a bright future in providing quality services in different departments, Institutions and organization
- The mushroom growth of private TV channels which lack professional are impatiently waiting for professionally sound journalists.
- They are preferred to work in different organization as Public Relation Officers (PRO)
- Rapid growth of FM radios where they can work as Produce/reporter/presenter and station manager.
- They are warmly welcomed by the advertising agencies.
Eligibility Criterion for Admission
- BA/BSc or Equivalent with at least 45%marks from any HEC recognized University